Time and again people think about the usage of iPhone when they are traveling from one spot to the other. Keep in mind that you cannot use the phone in the same way you shall be using it at home. Generally the practice is called roaming the connection. But often things are too costly. The system of taking help from various carriers without changing the main SIM of the phone is called “Roaming”, but while roaming with the iPhone, follow the below mentioned tips which will help you in working with the device properly.
All About Roaming
- Begin with checking the carrier when you are traveling by plane. You might need voice plans for the destination.
- Next you will be instructed to keep your phone in the switched off mode.
- You can use the Airplane mode of iPhone and can use the non-communication features like entertainment, music, books, videos and etc.
- As soon as you reach the spot make sure that you don’t make expensive calls from your phone.
- Keep the phone in “Airplane mode”. You can’t use the phone to communicate now instead you can simply use the internet from the set.
International Travel Tips
- Buy an international data card. This help in reducing the cost of the package.
- You can also check on discounted packages while roaming.
- Find out the details of the offer which includes the messaging services from the connection.
- Use the tracker to monitor your data while traveling abroad.
- When you arrive your destination just tap on, Settings>General>Usage>Reset Statistics. Then check your data after every interval.
About Fixed Data Plan
- Activate the “AT&T World Traveler” plan that is available at an economic rate. The plan begins at $ 5.99.
- You can then download the free At & T my Wireless Mobile app. This will help in managing the service at the time of traveling.
- Also, download the free Skype app and see how you can call at cheap rates with the help of WiFi.
- Then switch off all push data services and notifications. Go to Settings>Mail>Fetch New Data> then select Push and turn it OFF. On the same screen, set Fetch to Manually.
- Shift or delete what you want use the IMAP email account Inbox.
- Also, read at the AT & T iPhone Tips for International Data Roamers. It is there in the AT site.
When You Board the Flight
- Turn off the Data Roaming on the iPhone by visiting the Settings>General>Network>Data Roaming then turn OFF Data Roaming. Only turn this on if and when you have to link to the data.
- Also, reset the iPhone Usage Tracker to Zero by going to Settings>General>Usage>Reset. Do check the data as and when needed.
After The Journey
- Finally, wait for some time after you have returned from the journey. Wait for deactivating the “Data Global Add-On” and “AT&T World Traveler” add-ons. The billing will be done on a monthly basis. Hence you have to give the payment.
Follow these steps while you are traveling from one place to the other. It will help you with the phone usage.
This post is written by Sachin. He has written much on subjects like, travel, technology, health, etc. he has also written on Maryland Limousine. If you are too looking for Limousine Service then you can click here for more information.